The e-commerce industry is increasing the demand for autonomy
ROCKVILLE, Md., Feb. 16 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — According to a new report by Fact.MR, the global autonomous last mile delivery market is expected to surpass a valuation of approximately $88 billion by 2021, and is expected to grow at a CAGR impressive by around 19% over the forecast period of 2021 to 2031.
Autonomous last mile delivery request has grown at a rapid rate in recent years. With advancements in delivery system technology, the market has witnessed remarkable growth over the past few years. The growth of the market is attributed to the increasing adoption of autonomous vehicles for the delivery of products without any human intervention.
Furthermore, the expansion of the e-commerce industry has led to improved delivery processes to provide better and efficient product delivery, which in turn is fueling the demand for autonomous last mile delivery.
For critical insights into this market, request a sample report
Which region offers the greatest opportunity for autonomous last-mile delivery?
North America is the leading market for autonomous last-mile delivery. North America accounts for approximately 59% of global sales value. The region is expected to offer an absolute dollar opportunity of US$40 billion over the forecast period. The reason for this high market share is the growing demand for contactless delivery systems in the region.
Lately, various autonomous last mile delivery platforms have emerged to meet the continuous demand for contactless delivery to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
The autonomous last mile delivery market is dominated by aerial delivery drones, as these account for more than 61% market share. Recent technological advancements in aerial delivery drones allow for easy and efficient delivery of products. Recently, AI technology has been widely used by aerial drone manufacturers, providing detection and accurate algorithms in last mile delivery services. Major manufacturers are offering drones with this technology to gain a competitive edge across the globe. Several innovations and developments have been implemented in autonomous last mile delivery to provide better delivery processes.
In the near future, aerial drones with rotary wings are expected to see growth as there are an increasing number of applications that these vehicles serve. The surge of COVID-19 has increased the use of last mile delivery services in healthcare and pharmacy to deliver medical services to remote locations through drones.
To learn more about the autonomous last mile delivery market, you can contact our analyst at
Key Segments Covered by the Last Mile Autonomous Delivery Industry Survey
Aerial delivery drones for autonomous last mile delivery
- Fixed-wing drones for autonomous last-mile delivery
- Rotary-wing drones for autonomous last-mile delivery
- Hybrid drones for autonomous last mile delivery
Ground delivery vehicles for autonomous last mile delivery
- Delivery bots for autonomous last mile delivery
- Autonomous delivery vans and trucks for autonomous last mile delivery
- Last mile autonomous delivery equipment
- Autonomous last mile delivery infrastructure
- Autonomous last mile delivery software
- >20 Kilometers
- Payload weight
- 5-10 kilograms
- 10 kilograms
- Autonomous last mile delivery for logistics and transportation
- Autonomous last mile delivery for healthcare and pharmacies
- Autonomous last mile delivery for retail and food
The majority of companies mentioned in the report have focused on upgrading their current operational framework. Some of the key developments are:
- In 2021, Amazon invested US$2 billion in electric vehicles to reduce emissions across its operations. Amazon has purchased 100,000 electric delivery vehicles, in partnership with Mahindra Electric.
- In 2021, Starship Technologies announced plans to expand its robotic delivery services to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Additionally, the company is expanding to several other countries to facilitate e-commerce services.
Get customization on this report for specific research solutions
Aerospace Composites Market Key Players
- spacecraft technologies
- Robby Technologies
Key insights from market research
- South Asia is estimated to experience significant growth during the forecast period compared to the historical period, representing a growth of more than 26%.
- In 2020, North America recorded the highest market share of around 59%, followed by Europe.
- In terms of platform, aerial delivery drones held around 61% of the overall market share in 2020.
- Among the solutions, the hardware segment holds a higher market share, accounting for around 59% in 2020.
- In 2020, autonomous last-mile delivery with a range of less than 20 kilometers accounted for the highest market share at over 68%.
Explore Fact.MR’s Automotive Coverage –
Market Analysis of Air Springs for Rail Trucks and Buses: A new market study published by Fact.MR on the global Air Springs for Rail, Truck and Bus market provides readers with a comprehensive analysis of key market dynamics including drivers, restraints, opportunities and trends, as well as complete data on the structure of the market for the assessment period of 2021 to 2031.
Electric Trolling Motors Market Forecast: Fact.MR recently published a market study on the global electric trolling motor market. The study provides a detailed assessment of key market dynamics, including drivers, trends, opportunities, restraints, and detailed information on the Electric Trolling Motors market structure.
Automotive Towbar Market Trends: Fact.MR’s incisive coverage of the automotive towbar market sheds light on significant expansion momentum including drivers, opportunities, and trends anticipated to shape the future trajectory of the landscape. It looks at the significant growth prospects that are expected to prevail in key geographies and important segments.
Market research and consulting agency that makes the difference! That’s why 80% of Fortune 1000 companies trust us to make their most critical decisions. Although our experienced consultants use the latest technology to extract hard-to-find information, we believe that our USP is the trust our clients place in our expertise. Covering a wide range – from automotive and Industry 4.0 to healthcare and retail, our coverage is extensive, but we ensure that even the most niche categories are analyzed. Our sales offices in the USA and Dublin, Ireland. Headquarters based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Contact us with your goals and we will be a competent research partner.
USA Sales Office:
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
E-mail: [email protected]
Phone : +1 (628) 251-1583